South Bay News
San Jose suspicious structure fire extinguished
SAN JOSE -- Firefighters battled a one-alarm residential fire deemed suspicious in nature in San Jose early this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
The fire at 3020 Canoas Villa Court was reported at 2:53 a.m. and was under control by 3:09 a.m., according to a fire dispatcher.
Upon arrival at the residence, police determined that an adult male who lived at the house had started the fire.
Officers located the suspect and took him into custody. Mental illness is believed to have played a role in the incident, according to police.
Police said the suspect will be booked into county jail and his identity will be released later today.
The San Jose Fire Department is continuing to investigate the exact cause of the fire.
No injuries have been reported, a fire dispatcher said.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 20 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday