South Bay News
San Jose suspicious structure fire extinguished
SAN JOSE -- Firefighters battled a one-alarm residential fire deemed suspicious in nature in San Jose early this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
The fire at 3020 Canoas Villa Court was reported at 2:53 a.m. and was under control by 3:09 a.m., according to a fire dispatcher.
Upon arrival at the residence, police determined that an adult male who lived at the house had started the fire.
Officers located the suspect and took him into custody. Mental illness is believed to have played a role in the incident, according to police.
Police said the suspect will be booked into county jail and his identity will be released later today.
The San Jose Fire Department is continuing to investigate the exact cause of the fire.
No injuries have been reported, a fire dispatcher said.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch 14 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos