South Bay News
Water main break shuts down service in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A water main break Tuesday morning in East San Jose shut down service to more than two dozen customers, a San Jose Water Company spokesman said.
The 12-inch pipe burst around 8:10 a.m. on Story Road at Lyndale Avenue, spokesman John Tang said.
Service was shut off, affecting 25 residents on Story Road between Lyndale Avenue and Stonehedge Way, according to a San Jose Water customer service representative.
Water service is expected to be restored by late this afternoon. "We expect minimal impact," Tang said. "We are not seeing any damage from any flooding."
There is water in the area and crews are working quickly to repair the leak, he said.
A woman answering the phone at the San Jose Foothill Family Community Clinic, located at 2880 Story Road, said around 9 a.m. that the water was spewing from the middle of the road near the Safeway on Story Road.
She said she hadn't seen any flooding and that it's "not to the point where it's scary."
The water main break is one of a handful throughout the city today.
A water company customer service representative said four other smaller breaks were also reported this morning, including at Woodhaven and Dale drives and Alum Rock Avenue and Edgemont Drive.
san jose, water main break, south bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 22 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 23 min ago