South Bay News
Driver arrested for hit-and-run involving CHP
SAN JOSE -- A California Highway Patrol car ended up on the light rail tracks following a hit and run incident with another car, according to the CHP.
The CHP received word that a patrol car had ended up on the light rail tracks near the intersection of North First Street and East Brokaw Road just before 5:20 a.m., after some kind of incident involving a Dodge Caliber, according to CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett.
The driver of the Caliber fled the scene on foot but was arrested by CHP officers, Bartlett said.
CHP, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 7 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 22 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 19 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 21 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 18 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir 38 min ago
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates...
38 min ago