South Bay News
Police arrest 42 people at house party
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Dozens of people were arrested at a party in East San Jose late Friday night, San Jose police said.
At 10:51 p.m. police received reports of several shots fired in the 3000 block of Patt Avenue, police said.
Arriving officers found a large party at a home and when they attempted to speak with someone at the residence they saw people jump a fence and flee to the back of the home, police said.
Then people in the home started throwing objects at the officers, striking one of the officers, police said.
Another person attempted to drag the officer to the rear of the home.
Another officer was injured during the incident.
The first officer was taken to a hospital and treated for injuries that were not life-threatening, while a second officer was treated at the scene, police said.
The people in the home and the back area continued to throw objects at officers and refused to cooperate. Officers retreated until additional officers were called to the home, police said.
After several hours, police -- with help from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office -- were able to get the partygoers to exit the house and surrender to police.
Police arrested 42 people for various charges including assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, police said.
Many of the suspects were booked into the Santa Clara County Jail and Santa Clara County Juvenile Hall. Others were issued citations and released, according to police.
By the end of the incident, about 60 officers responded to the party.
san jose, SJPD, crime, south bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos