South Bay News
15-year-old boy will face murder charges as an adult
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The 15-year-old boy who was arrested on suspicion of taking part in an armed robbery spree, a shootout with police, and the killing of a San Jose man earlier this month has been charged as an adult, according to the district attorney's office.
Adonis Muldrow of San Jose was arraigned today for charges of murder, assaulting a police officer with a gun, attempting to murder a police officer, four counts of second-degree robbery, and buying or receiving a stolen car, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.
Muldrow was arrested on Friday in the 5200 block of Clayton Avenue in Concord and booked in Santa Clara County Juvenile Hall.
He was wanted on suspicion of killing Rory Park-Pettiford and the attempted murder of a San Jose police officer in a shootout with police that occurred on Nov. 16.
Muldrow's suspected accomplice in the alleged crime spree was Jonathan Wilbanks, 26, of San Jose, who was arrested the night of the shooting.
Police say that Wilbanks and Muldrow robbed four East San Jose businesses and started a shootout with police that injured an officer.
Park-Pettiford was shot during an attempted carjacking in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven store in the 400 block of Kiely Boulevard in San Jose that night, according to police. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
san jose, south bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 49 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos