South Bay News
15-year-old boy will face murder charges as an adult
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The 15-year-old boy who was arrested on suspicion of taking part in an armed robbery spree, a shootout with police, and the killing of a San Jose man earlier this month has been charged as an adult, according to the district attorney's office.
Adonis Muldrow of San Jose was arraigned today for charges of murder, assaulting a police officer with a gun, attempting to murder a police officer, four counts of second-degree robbery, and buying or receiving a stolen car, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.
Muldrow was arrested on Friday in the 5200 block of Clayton Avenue in Concord and booked in Santa Clara County Juvenile Hall.
He was wanted on suspicion of killing Rory Park-Pettiford and the attempted murder of a San Jose police officer in a shootout with police that occurred on Nov. 16.
Muldrow's suspected accomplice in the alleged crime spree was Jonathan Wilbanks, 26, of San Jose, who was arrested the night of the shooting.
Police say that Wilbanks and Muldrow robbed four East San Jose businesses and started a shootout with police that injured an officer.
Park-Pettiford was shot during an attempted carjacking in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven store in the 400 block of Kiely Boulevard in San Jose that night, according to police. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
san jose, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos