South Bay News
Garage fire reveals marijuana grow in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police were called to the scene of a one-alarm garage fire in San Jose early Thursday morning after marijuana was found there, police said.
The fire was reported around 2 a.m. in the 6400 block of Menlo Drive, off of Almaden Expressway.
Crews arrived in about four minutes and saw light smoke coming from the garage, San Jose fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said. They extinguished the fire, and no injuries were reported.
Police Sgt. Jason Dwyer said marijuana was found in the garage but declined to provide more details. He said police are investigating whether the marijuana grow was legal.
The blaze was contained to the garage, and no residents were displaced, Gutierrez said.
san jose, fire, marijuana, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 48 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday