South Bay News
Two-alarm fire damages San Jose restaurant
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A two-alarm fire damaged a restaurant in San Jose Friday morning.
It broke out just before 7 a.m. in the attic at of Taqueria Lorena at 399 S. 24th Street.
A captain says firefighting efforts were briefly hampered by electrical wires.
Damage was contained to the roof and attic, but water damaged parts of the main business.
The restaurant had not yet opened for the day. There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
san jose, fire, restaurants, south bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 2 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 44 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO 39 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 22 min ago
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong 31 min ago
- Events planned to mark Harvey Milk Day 12 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Historic Livermore light bulb briefly turns off
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
44 min ago