South Bay News
Parajumpers rescue sailor off Baja California coast
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Moffett Field airmen have rescued a sailor injured on a cargo ship 1,000 miles off the Baja California coast.
A helicopter carrying Guardian Angel parajumpers from the California Air National Guard's 129th Rescue Wing reached the ship Thursday.
A medic rappelled onto its deck, secured the injured seaman in a stretcher, and hoisted him back onto the chopper.
It flew to Cabo San Lucas where a C-130 was waiting to fly the victim to a San Diego trauma center where he's being treated for head injuries.
search and rescue, rescue, mountain view, south bay news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos