South Bay News
SJ police believe fatal shooting may be gang-related
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A teenager has become the 43rd homicide victim this year in San Jose.
Police say the 17-year-old was found shot to death Friday at about 11:30 p.m. near Pacific and Lincoln avenues.
Investigators think it may be gang-related, but they have not released any suspect information.
The murder rate in San Jose now matches a 20-year high reached back in 1997.
san jose, shooting, guns, crime, gang violence, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 54 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos