South Bay News
Woman arrested in connection with SJ teen's murder
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police have arrested a woman in connection with the shooting death of a teenager.
Authorities believe 23-year-old Rebecca Villanueva was involved in the murder of 17-year-old Daniel Capetillo.
The teen was killed a week ago on Pacific Avenue, in a residential area west of downtown San Jose.
Detectives believe the murder was gang-related and that Villanueva did not act alone.
San Jose police are asking anyone with information about the murder to contact the homicide unit at (408) 277-5283, or to remain anonymous, call Silicon Valley Crimestoppers at (408) 947-7867.
san jose, shooting, guns, crime, gang violence, south bay news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos