South Bay News
Power restored to thousands in Sunnyvale after crash
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Roughly 6,500 PG&E customers in Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills lost power after a car collided into a power pole in Sunnyvale this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
The outage was first reported at about 3:15 a.m. when a car crashed into a power pole on Homestead Road in Sunnyvale, PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris said.
By about 4:40 a.m., nearly half of the affected customers had their power restored, she said.
The remaining residents had power back by about 10 a.m.
santa clara, crash, power outage, PG&E, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 5 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, tour bus 3 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 53 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed