South Bay News
Last meeting on SJ police chief search to be held tonight
The last in a series of four meetings will be held Monday night in San Jose on the hiring of a new police chief.
Chris Moore will step down as chief next month after serving less than two years in the post before suddenly announcing his retirement.
The goal of the meetings is to gain public input. The debate over hiring an insider or an outsider dominated the first meeting two weeks ago.
Monday's meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Southside Community Center on Cottle Road.
san jose, SJPD, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 22 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney 41 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos