South Bay News
Suspect in LaMar case faces additional charges
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- The man accused in the kidnapping of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar wrapped up another court appearance Wednesday.
21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres appeared in Santa Clara Superior Court looking dramatically different than when he did when was arrested in May after investigators found DNA evidence connecting him to Sierra.
He is still awaiting trial in that case. On Wednesday, he was scheduled to enter a plea on attempted kidnapping charges from another case in 2009 but that did not happen. The new counts involve the attempted kidnapping of three women during a carjacking in 2009, when Garcia-Torres was 17-years-old.
He will return to court in February.
sierra lamar, morgan hill, south bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 35 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 44 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
35 min ago