South Bay News
Police investigate multiple threats against teacher
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- In Cupertino, police say they're following up on numerous leads after threats forced the shutdown of two schools Thursday. The threats were sprayed painted at several South Bay schools.
You could not see a bit of a difference between Friday and any other day at Monta Vista High School in Cupertino. But you could hear it.
"I'm worried for the teacher that got the threat," Monta Vista student Angie Inn said. "But I know he's safe with a couple policemen and his family."
She is referring to the teacher named in a bomb threat found Thursday morning on the wall of Lynbrook High School in San Jose. And now we're learning of almost identical spray painted bomb threats left at two other Cupertino schools Thursday -- Cupertino High School and Kennedy Middle School, which is just around the corner from Monta Vista.
"There is more than one graffiti that was done that we discovered yesterday," Lt. Rick Sung said. He says the threats all name the same teacher.
The threat at Lynbrooke High School prompted the shutdown of Monta Vista and nearby Lincoln Elementary School. The high school campus was searched and nothing was found.
Investigators there may be more than one suspect and there's definitely more than one lead.
"Our detectives and deputies have been working around the clock on several different leads," Lt. Sung said. "And in fact we have been getting more calls and tips since last night."
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office has additional officers on the Monta Vista campus as well as a couple at the home of the teacher mentioned in those bomb threats.
crime, cupertino, south bay news, terry mcsweeney
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame 48 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County 32 min ago
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 35 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
33 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos