South Bay News
Police investigate multiple threats against teacher
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- In Cupertino, police say they're following up on numerous leads after threats forced the shutdown of two schools Thursday. The threats were sprayed painted at several South Bay schools.
You could not see a bit of a difference between Friday and any other day at Monta Vista High School in Cupertino. But you could hear it.
"I'm worried for the teacher that got the threat," Monta Vista student Angie Inn said. "But I know he's safe with a couple policemen and his family."
She is referring to the teacher named in a bomb threat found Thursday morning on the wall of Lynbrook High School in San Jose. And now we're learning of almost identical spray painted bomb threats left at two other Cupertino schools Thursday -- Cupertino High School and Kennedy Middle School, which is just around the corner from Monta Vista.
"There is more than one graffiti that was done that we discovered yesterday," Lt. Rick Sung said. He says the threats all name the same teacher.
The threat at Lynbrooke High School prompted the shutdown of Monta Vista and nearby Lincoln Elementary School. The high school campus was searched and nothing was found.
Investigators there may be more than one suspect and there's definitely more than one lead.
"Our detectives and deputies have been working around the clock on several different leads," Lt. Sung said. "And in fact we have been getting more calls and tips since last night."
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office has additional officers on the Monta Vista campus as well as a couple at the home of the teacher mentioned in those bomb threats.
crime, cupertino, south bay news, terry mcsweeney
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos