South Bay News
Police search for suspect in drive-by shooting
WATSONVILLE -- Police are searching for the suspect in a drive-by shooting that occurred in Watsonville Friday night.
At about 9:15 p.m., the suspect drove a late 90s model red and brown Nissan Quest minivan past the victims on West Front and Grove streets. The suspect then turned his vehicle around and drove back toward the victims, police said.
The driver and sole occupant of the van, extended his arm out his window and fired a single shot from a pistol, striking the victim's vehicle, according to police.
The bullet failed to strike any of the occupants of the vehicle, police said.
The suspect vehicle then fled eastbound on West Front Street before turning north on Rodriquez Street toward West Riverside Drive, police said.
According to the victims, the suspect was a Hispanic man in his early 20s, wearing a brown Pendelton shirt and a red hat at the time of the shooting.
Police conducted an extensive search of the area, but the suspect was not located.
The suspect was described as possibly being affiliated with a gang, however police are uncertain whether the shooting was gang-motivated.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact the Watsonville Police at (831) 728-3544 or (831) 768-3350.
watsonville, shooting, guns, crime, south bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 11 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 19 min ago
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday