South Bay News
San Jose City College lockdown lifted; no gunman found
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Jose City College campus was locked down for several hours Tuesday evening because of reports of a gunman on campus.
The campus was locked down at about 4:30 p.m. San Jose City College police and San Jose police spent the evening clearing the campus building by building. Police never located a gunman or anyone that had been injured or threatened. San Jose police say they are investigating the source of original the 911 call.
The school's 9,000+ students were alerted of the lockdown via text message through the school's emergency alert system. The system also notified teachers in classrooms.
Classes on the campus have been cancelled for the rest of the night but will resume Wednesday morning.
san jose, school lockdown, south bay news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record 16 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 24 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday