South Bay News
San Jose City College lockdown lifted; no gunman found
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Jose City College campus was locked down for several hours Tuesday evening because of reports of a gunman on campus.
The campus was locked down at about 4:30 p.m. San Jose City College police and San Jose police spent the evening clearing the campus building by building. Police never located a gunman or anyone that had been injured or threatened. San Jose police say they are investigating the source of original the 911 call.
The school's 9,000+ students were alerted of the lockdown via text message through the school's emergency alert system. The system also notified teachers in classrooms.
Classes on the campus have been cancelled for the rest of the night but will resume Wednesday morning.
san jose, school lockdown, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos