South Bay News
Victim assaulted during carjacking in SJ
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A suspect in an alleged carjacking Thursday evening near San Jose Municipal Stadium assaulted a male victim and then drove away in his vehicle, police said.
The victim, who was not injured, reported that the suspect assaulted him and stole his vehicle at 7:16 p.m. in the 600 block of Nordale Avenue in San Jose's Rockspring neighborhood, located about two miles south of downtown, according to police.
The suspect has not been identified and officers have not yet located the stolen vehicle, police said.
san jose, crime, south bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire 9 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday