South Bay News
Man fatally shot near Monterey Highway in SJ
SAN JOSE -- A man was shot to death this morning just east of Monterey Highway in south San Jose after police officers received a call of an armed man, police said.
The victim, whose name was not immediately being released, was found in the 200 block of Lewis Road with at least one bullet wound after officers responded to an emergency call at 9:26 a.m., police said.
Emergency crews arrived and attempted to revive the man but he died at the scene, police said.
The motive and suspect in the shooting are under investigation by the Police Department's homicide unit.
The man's death was the 46th homicide in San Jose during 2012, police said.
san jose, SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire