South Bay News
Man fatally shot near Monterey Highway in SJ
SAN JOSE -- A man was shot to death this morning just east of Monterey Highway in south San Jose after police officers received a call of an armed man, police said.
The victim, whose name was not immediately being released, was found in the 200 block of Lewis Road with at least one bullet wound after officers responded to an emergency call at 9:26 a.m., police said.
Emergency crews arrived and attempted to revive the man but he died at the scene, police said.
The motive and suspect in the shooting are under investigation by the Police Department's homicide unit.
The man's death was the 46th homicide in San Jose during 2012, police said.
san jose, SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela 34 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay 10 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos