South Bay News
Gilroy man dies after being shot multiple times
GILROY, Calif. -- A 51-year-old man died of multiple gunshot wounds in Gilroy late Monday after police officers found him lying in a downtown street, the Gilroy Police Department said.
The man, who was not being identified, was reported shot a number of times at about 9:33 p.m. on Old Gilroy Street at Alexander Street less than a block south of Forest Street Park, police said.
Paramedics from the Gilroy Fire Department and the Rural/Metro Corporation arrived to find the man suffering from life-threatening injuries from shots fired from an unknown type of gun, police said.
The victim was placed into an ambulance but died before it reached a local hospital, police said.
After an investigation, police learned that a dark-colored sedan was seen driving away rapidly from the scene of the shooting, police said.
The inquiry into the homicide is continuing and police are asking that anyone with information about the shooting contact Detective Michael Bolton at (408) 846-0350.
gilroy, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints 33 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Stores stay open around the clock before...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos