South Bay News
Gilroy man dies after being shot multiple times
GILROY, Calif. -- A 51-year-old man died of multiple gunshot wounds in Gilroy late Monday after police officers found him lying in a downtown street, the Gilroy Police Department said.
The man, who was not being identified, was reported shot a number of times at about 9:33 p.m. on Old Gilroy Street at Alexander Street less than a block south of Forest Street Park, police said.
Paramedics from the Gilroy Fire Department and the Rural/Metro Corporation arrived to find the man suffering from life-threatening injuries from shots fired from an unknown type of gun, police said.
The victim was placed into an ambulance but died before it reached a local hospital, police said.
After an investigation, police learned that a dark-colored sedan was seen driving away rapidly from the scene of the shooting, police said.
The inquiry into the homicide is continuing and police are asking that anyone with information about the shooting contact Detective Michael Bolton at (408) 846-0350.
gilroy, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 31 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 54 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 59 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
54 min ago
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
59 min ago