South Bay News
Gilroy man dies after being shot multiple times
GILROY, Calif. -- A 51-year-old man died of multiple gunshot wounds in Gilroy late Monday after police officers found him lying in a downtown street, the Gilroy Police Department said.
The man, who was not being identified, was reported shot a number of times at about 9:33 p.m. on Old Gilroy Street at Alexander Street less than a block south of Forest Street Park, police said.
Paramedics from the Gilroy Fire Department and the Rural/Metro Corporation arrived to find the man suffering from life-threatening injuries from shots fired from an unknown type of gun, police said.
The victim was placed into an ambulance but died before it reached a local hospital, police said.
After an investigation, police learned that a dark-colored sedan was seen driving away rapidly from the scene of the shooting, police said.
The inquiry into the homicide is continuing and police are asking that anyone with information about the shooting contact Detective Michael Bolton at (408) 846-0350.
gilroy, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 52 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 36 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 17 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 57 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 40 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos