South Bay News
Gilroy man dies after being shot multiple times
GILROY, Calif. -- A 51-year-old man died of multiple gunshot wounds in Gilroy late Monday after police officers found him lying in a downtown street, the Gilroy Police Department said.
The man, who was not being identified, was reported shot a number of times at about 9:33 p.m. on Old Gilroy Street at Alexander Street less than a block south of Forest Street Park, police said.
Paramedics from the Gilroy Fire Department and the Rural/Metro Corporation arrived to find the man suffering from life-threatening injuries from shots fired from an unknown type of gun, police said.
The victim was placed into an ambulance but died before it reached a local hospital, police said.
After an investigation, police learned that a dark-colored sedan was seen driving away rapidly from the scene of the shooting, police said.
The inquiry into the homicide is continuing and police are asking that anyone with information about the shooting contact Detective Michael Bolton at (408) 846-0350.
gilroy, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 43 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 19 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos