South Bay News
Man dies after crashing into two light poles
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A 22-year-old man died in a car accident Sunday morning in San Jose.
Police say the silver BMW swerved, hit two light poles, and rolled over on South First Street around 2:30 a.m. An officer stationed around the corner heard the crash, but when he arrived the driver was already dead.
Police say it will be difficult to pinpoint the cause of the crash because there are no witnesses which is rare. "Try to get a speed on the car. Try to recreate how the accident happened, but with no witnesses it is very difficult," Sgt. Matt Christian said.
The coroner's office will conduct an autopsy to determine if alcohol or drugs were involved.
The car will be taken to a police facility where investigators will break it down to try and answer questions for the driver's family about exactly what happened.
crash, san jose, I-280, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 27 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 15 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Only On 7: Jahi McMath's mother speaks out
46 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos