South Bay News
SJ police investigating city's first homicide of 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Jose are investigating an apparent homicide this morning, a police department spokesman said.
At about 8 a.m., officers were called to the 1900 block of Tripoli Avenue on a report of a body in front of a home, Officer Albert Morales said.
Arriving officers found a Hispanic man in his 30s who had been shot, Morales said.
Paramedics declared the man dead at about 8:05 a.m.
No one has been arrested in connection with the crime, which remains under investigation.
It is San Jose's first homicide of 2013, Morales said.
san jose, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 44 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 18 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos