South Bay News
SJ police investigating city's first homicide of 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Jose are investigating an apparent homicide this morning, a police department spokesman said.
At about 8 a.m., officers were called to the 1900 block of Tripoli Avenue on a report of a body in front of a home, Officer Albert Morales said.
Arriving officers found a Hispanic man in his 30s who had been shot, Morales said.
Paramedics declared the man dead at about 8:05 a.m.
No one has been arrested in connection with the crime, which remains under investigation.
It is San Jose's first homicide of 2013, Morales said.
san jose, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos