South Bay News
Fundraiser for 3 family members killed in SJ fire
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A car wash fundraiser is planned for this weekend in San Jose to help a family who lost three members in an apartment building fire.
The December 29th fire killed Bularmo and Mariana Maldonado and their 4-year-old granddaughter Kyra Chavez.
The car washes will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Agave Restaurant at 2270 Monterey Rd. Proceeds raised Saturday and Sunday will help pay funeral costs.
fire, evacuation, san jose, children, south bay news
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 29 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue 20 min ago
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 24 min ago
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 31 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 7 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday