South Bay News
Chemical smell investigated at San Jose Hilton
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Complaints of eye and throat irritation brought out San Jose's hazmat crew to the Hilton Hotel Sunday morning.
13 guests and staff members reported feeling sick from an odor or chemical. They were treated shortly after firefighters arrived around 11 a.m.
Fire officials tell us the problem was on the hotel's 18th floor.
The odor went away on its own. No one was hospitalized.
The investigation into what caused the irritation continues.
san jose, hilton, hazmat, south bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 24 min ago
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF 6 min ago
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos