South Bay News
Chemical smell investigated at San Jose Hilton
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Complaints of eye and throat irritation brought out San Jose's hazmat crew to the Hilton Hotel Sunday morning.
13 guests and staff members reported feeling sick from an odor or chemical. They were treated shortly after firefighters arrived around 11 a.m.
Fire officials tell us the problem was on the hotel's 18th floor.
The odor went away on its own. No one was hospitalized.
The investigation into what caused the irritation continues.
san jose, hilton, hazmat, south bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 43 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday 32 min ago
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
34 min ago