South Bay News
Woman fatally struck by big-rig in Cupertino
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal collision in Cupertino this morning involving a pedestrian and a big-rig, a Santa Clara County sheriff's sergeant said.
A woman was struck and killed around 7 a.m. near North Foothill Boulevard and Cupertino Road, sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.
The woman, whose age and identity have yet to be released, was starting to cross North Foothill Boulevard heading west at the same time a southbound big-rig was approaching.
The driver of the big-rig is being cooperative in the investigation, and it does not appear drugs or alcohol played a role in the accident, Cardoza said.
Southbound lanes of North Foothill Boulevard were closed after the accident.
cupertino, crash, south bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed