South Bay News
Woman fatally struck by big-rig in Cupertino
CUPERTINO, Calif. -- The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal collision in Cupertino this morning involving a pedestrian and a big-rig, a Santa Clara County sheriff's sergeant said.
A woman was struck and killed around 7 a.m. near North Foothill Boulevard and Cupertino Road, sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.
The woman, whose age and identity have yet to be released, was starting to cross North Foothill Boulevard heading west at the same time a southbound big-rig was approaching.
The driver of the big-rig is being cooperative in the investigation, and it does not appear drugs or alcohol played a role in the accident, Cardoza said.
Southbound lanes of North Foothill Boulevard were closed after the accident.
cupertino, crash, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 11 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 13 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos