South Bay News
San Jose mother wrestles toddler from man
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- In East San Jose Tuesday night, a stranger tried to take a toddler from her mother's arms.
The mother is scared, but the toddler is OK. It happened on Dayo Court in East San Jose.
Police told us the mother of the toddler basically had a tug-of-war with the suspect in order to save her child.
San Jose police received the call at 5:37 p.m. According to police, the 3-year-old was playing in the front yard in East San Jose. Toys belonging to the children in the home are now gathered by the home's front door.
The child's mother told police that a stranger came up to where her daughter was playing and made a comment about the child. The comment made the mother uncomfortable. As she picked the girl up, the stranger grabbed the girl by the legs and tried to pull the child away from her. After a short struggle with the man the mother managed to pull her daughter away and run into the house where she called police.
The mother told police the suspect ran down Paven Drive after the ordeal. Several police units responded and searched the area without success.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 20 to 30 years old, wearing a red baseball cap, blue jeans, and a white or light colored t-shirt with yellow stripes. The woman also told police that the suspect smelled of motor oil.
People with information regarding this case are urged to contact the San Jose Police Department's Robbery Unit at (408) 277-4166. Persons wishing to remain anonymous may call Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at (408) 947-STOP (7867) or may visit tipsubmit.com and may be eligible for a cash reward.
san jose, south bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 20 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 22 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 30 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
20 min ago