South Bay News
Man stabbed multiple times in attack in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police are investigating a fatal stabbing that is the city's third homicide of the year and the second in two days.
Sgt. Jason Dwyer said Thursday that a group of young men walked up to a man in his late 30s or 40s and began stabbing him several times in the torso in the city's Kenwood neighborhood shortly after 8:30 p.m.
The victim was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Dwyer said police do not yet have a motive as it's still unknown whether the victims knew his attackers or if the incident was random.
No arrests have been made. The victim's name has not yet been released.
It was San Jose's second homicide in two days. On Wednesday, 43-year-old Anna Duong, a mother of two, was shot and killed in her condominium.
No arrests have been made in that killing.
san jose, crime, murder, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 33 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
24 min ago