South Bay News
Mom who lied about attempted abduction facing misdemeanor
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Jose mother who made up a story about a stranger trying to kidnap her 2-year-old daughter is now facing a misdemeanor charge.
Jennifer Araujo turned herself in after detectives issued an arrest warrant. She is accused of falsely reporting a crime.
Araujo admitted the kidnapping story was a lie after police alerted the media and released a suspect sketch.
san jose, crime, children, south bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 4 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
38 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
4 min ago