South Bay News
Officials seek duo who tried to lure boy into car
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies are on the lookout for two people who attempted to lure an 11-year-old boy into their car Wednesday morning in unincorporated Gilroy, a sheriff's sergeant said.
Deputies responded to a report of suspicious circumstances in the 1000 block of Rucker Avenue at about 7:40 a.m., sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.
The boy was taking out the trash at his home when a man and woman in a subcompact car pulled up to him and motioned for him to get into the vehicle, Cardoza said.
He refused, and the suspects drove off, the sergeant said.
Cardoza said the man is described as Hispanic and in his 30s, with a medium build and no facial hair. He was wearing a baseball cap.
The woman is Hispanic and in her 20s, with a medium build and long dark hair. She was dressed in dark clothing, he said.
Deputies are currently talking to neighbors of the boy and are scouring the area for the car, described as a Mini Cooper-type vehicle, Cardoza said.
The boy was unharmed, he said.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the sheriff's office at (408) 299-2311.
santa clara county, gilroy, children, crime, south bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 10 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 13 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed