South Bay News
Man in court for threatening State Sen. Leland Yee
The Santa Clara man under arrest for making threats against State Senator Leland Yee is scheduled to be in court Thursday for a plea and bail hearing.
45-year-old Everett Basham faces 10 felony counts and two misdemeanors. He is accused of emailing a death threat to Yee because of Yee's efforts to tighten gun control laws.
Authorities found three assault weapons during a search of his house on Humboldt Avenue last week along with explosives. Officials say Basham was also building homemade bombs.
leland yee, crime, guns, south bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case