South Bay News
Man in court for threatening State Sen. Leland Yee
The Santa Clara man under arrest for making threats against State Senator Leland Yee is scheduled to be in court Thursday for a plea and bail hearing.
45-year-old Everett Basham faces 10 felony counts and two misdemeanors. He is accused of emailing a death threat to Yee because of Yee's efforts to tighten gun control laws.
Authorities found three assault weapons during a search of his house on Humboldt Avenue last week along with explosives. Officials say Basham was also building homemade bombs.
leland yee, crime, guns, south bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco 14 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions 35 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service 49 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child 24 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world 11 min ago
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday