South Bay News
Man in court for threatening State Sen. Leland Yee
The Santa Clara man under arrest for making threats against State Senator Leland Yee is scheduled to be in court Thursday for a plea and bail hearing.
45-year-old Everett Basham faces 10 felony counts and two misdemeanors. He is accused of emailing a death threat to Yee because of Yee's efforts to tighten gun control laws.
Authorities found three assault weapons during a search of his house on Humboldt Avenue last week along with explosives. Officials say Basham was also building homemade bombs.
leland yee, crime, guns, south bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 8 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos