South Bay News
Two San Jose workers badly burned in electrical panel blast
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Two men working at a commercial warehouse in San Jose were seriously burned Saturday morning when an electrical panel exploded, a fire captain said.
Fire crews were called to a building at 71 Daggett Drive around 9 a.m. when someone reported an explosion and fire that left two workers badly burned, Fire Capt. Reggie Williams said.
Williams said three men were working on an electrical unit in the back of the building when it suddenly exploded, causing a small fire.
One of the workers was critically burned in the blast, while another suffered serious burns to the face and hands, the fire captain said.
Both were rushed to a hospital burn center to be treated for their injuries.
The building where the explosion occurred was at one time occupied by science software manufacturer Finesse Solutions, LLC.
Williams said it is unclear whether the company still uses the building, and a spokeswoman for Finesse could not immediately be reached this morning.
Both PG&E crews and personnel from the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health were called to investigate the incident, he said.
san jose, fire, cal OSHA, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos