South Bay News
SJ police searching for driver in fatal hit-and-run
SAN JOSE -- A pedestrian was fatally struck in a hit-and-run collision in San Jose early this morning, police said.
Shortly after 1 a.m., police received a report of a traffic collision at the intersection of Monterey Road and Bellevue Avenue.
Upon arrival, police determined that a vehicle had struck a woman and the driver had fled before police arrived on scene.
The victim was transported to a local hospital and treated for life-threatening injuries. She succumbed to her injuries at 1:50 a.m., police said.
Preliminary police investigation into the incident revealed that the victim was crossing the street when a dark-colored vehicle struck her. The vehicle did not stop and continued southbound on Monterey Road, police said.
Neither the driver nor the vehicle has been located and the incident remains under investigation, according to police.
The victim's identity is being withheld pending notification to next of kin, police said.
Anyone with information regarding the incident or about the suspect vehicle is asked to contact police at (408) 277-4654, anonymously at (408) 947-7867, or online at tipsubmit.com and may be eligible for a reward.
san jose, hit and run, crime, south bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 55 min ago
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole 34 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 24 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
24 min ago