South Bay News
Santa Cruz Sheriff's Office looking for Goulet acquaintance
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are looking for a woman who may be able to provide background information about the suspect in the fatal shooting of two Santa Cruz officers.
The Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office says they've received information that Terisa Johnson may have been acquainted with, or been in the company of suspect Jeremy Goulet earlier this year.
The stress that Johnson is not involved in Tuesday shootings, in which Sergeant Loran "Butch" Baker and Officer Elizabeth Butler were killed. The two were gunned down while interviewing Goulet as part of a sexual assault investigation. Goulet then stole their car, guns and body armor. He was killed a short time later in a police shootout.
Investigators say they want to speak to Johnson to obtain additional information about Goulet's background and social history.
Officials say Johnson was last known to be homeless, living in a campsite in the City of Santa Cruz.
Those with information about Johnson's whereabouts are urged to call the Santa Cruz Sheriff's Office at (831) 471-1121.
Thousands are expected to attend a public memorial service honoring Loran "Butch" Baker and Elizabeth Butler, the two Santa Cruz police officers killed in the line of duty Tuesday. The ceremony will be held at Kaiser Permanente Arena with overflow seating at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium. The event will start with a motorcade procession from the county fairgrounds in Watsonville. ABC7 News will carry the memorial on air and online.
A Butch Baker and Elizabeth Butler Scholarship Fund has been established. Donations can be made through the Santa Cruz city website.
santa cruz, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 51 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
47 min ago