South Bay News
Suspicious fire at Independence HS in San Jose investigated
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose firefighters were at the scene of a suspicious fire at a high school building Sunday afternoon, a fire captain said.
Firefighters responded to reports of a fire at Independence High School at 1776 Educational Park Drive at about 12:35 p.m., San Jose fire Capt. Reggie Williams said.
The one-alarm fire was contained at about 1:15 p.m., Williams said. Smoke was still coming from the building at 1:30 p.m.
No had been injured by the blaze.
Investigators remained at the scene determining the extent of the damage to one building, he said.
Preliminary information indicated that the cause of the fire appeared to be suspicious.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 35 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 27 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 48 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos