South Bay News
Crews at scene of two-alarm house fire
LOS ALTOS, Calif. -- Santa Clara County firefighters are at the scene of a two-alarm fire in Los Altos Hills Tuesday afternoon, a dispatcher said.
Crews responded to reports of fire at a home at 26890 Alejandro Drive at about 11:30 a.m., the dispatcher said.
A fire official said the blaze appears to have started on the second floor.
No injuries have been reported, the dispatcher said. He said at 12:30 p.m. that the fire had been mostly controlled.
A resident who lives across the street said the neighborhood was smoky.
He said it appears the fire damaged the upper floors of the single-family home, and that there were at least six fire trucks on his block.
Palo Alto fire crews were assisting in the response.
fire, los altos hills, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday