South Bay News
Woman dies after being hit by car in Mountain View
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- A woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street in Mountain View on Monday, police said.
The victim was identified today by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office as 59-year-old Ruifen Ma, of Mountain View.
Ma was hit by a northbound blue 2000 Nissan Maxima in the 1200 block of Phyllis Avenue, near Hans Avenue, at about 6:30 p.m., according to Mountain View police.
Ma was taken to Stanford Hospital where she later died.
The driver of the Maxima, also a Mountain View woman, remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators, police said.
Alcohol and speed were not believed to have been factors in the accident, police said.
Anyone who might have witnessed the incident is urged to call Mountain View police at (650) 903-6344.
mountain view, pedestrian struck, crash, south bay news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped 46 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 37 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 39 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos