South Bay News
Woman dies after being hit by car in Mountain View
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- A woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street in Mountain View on Monday, police said.
The victim was identified today by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office as 59-year-old Ruifen Ma, of Mountain View.
Ma was hit by a northbound blue 2000 Nissan Maxima in the 1200 block of Phyllis Avenue, near Hans Avenue, at about 6:30 p.m., according to Mountain View police.
Ma was taken to Stanford Hospital where she later died.
The driver of the Maxima, also a Mountain View woman, remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators, police said.
Alcohol and speed were not believed to have been factors in the accident, police said.
Anyone who might have witnessed the incident is urged to call Mountain View police at (650) 903-6344.
mountain view, pedestrian struck, crash, south bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide 51 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos