South Bay News
Body found near Caltrain tracks in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- A female body was found on the southbound Caltrain tracks between the San Jose Diridon and Tamien stations this morning, a Caltrain spokeswoman said.
The body was found around 9:50 a.m., spokeswoman Christine Dunn said.
The person may have been hit by southbound train No. 228, but the circumstances of the death remain under investigation, she said.
A southbound train that was scheduled to arrive at the Tamien station at 10:12 a.m. was allowed to pass through because there were no passengers on board, she said.
However, the next scheduled southbound train -- train No. 236, which was scheduled to arrive at the Tamien station at 11:07 a.m. -- is being held at the San Jose Diridon station, she said.
No northbound trains are scheduled between Diridon and Tamien stations until about 2:30 p.m. today.
The medical examiner's office is responding to the scene.
san jose, caltrain, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos