South Bay News
Registered sex offender rides bus with SJ students
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Wednesday night ABC7 News learned of a serious violation that took place during a field trip for two San Jose high schools. The students were traveling with a registered sex offender.
This happened on Feb. 13th during a field trip to De Anza College. Students from Andrew Hill High School and Silver Creek High School traveled on buses to the college, and the sex offender was on the bus with the Andrew Hill students.
A viewer alerted us to the situation and we are waiting to hear back from school officials. However, we managed to get a copy of the letter that went out to parents on Wednesday.
It says: "A registered sex offender who was not authorized to be on the District's bus" apparently knew a district volunteer on the trip and rode the bus back to Andrew Hill High School. But "he did not have contact of any kind with any student that day."
Registered sex offenders are not allowed to be on school property or come in contact with underage students and now the San Jose Police Department has confirmed to us that it's investigating the incident.
Again, the Eastside Union School District says no inappropriate conduct took place during that trip, however a serious violation of school policy has taken place.
san jose, SJPD, sex offender, south bay news, alan wang
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 15 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 17 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
17 min ago