South Bay News
Events to mark 1 year since Sierra LaMar's disappearance
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- This Saturday will mark one year since Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar went missing.
LaMar was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was walking to a bus stop near her home when she vanished.
Santa Clara County prosecutors have charged Antolin Garcia-Torres with LaMar's kidnapping and murder, but LaMar's body has never been found.
Two events have been organized for this weekend to mark the disappearance. Balloons will be released at the Sierra LaMar Search Center on Tilton Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. Later that day, a fundraiser will be held in Fremont starting at 1 p.m.
Morgan Hill location:
Sierra LaMar Search Center
85 Tilton Road
Morgan Hill, CA
Community awareness and fundraising event
37270 Niles Boulevard
The fundraiser will feature a Print-a-Thon by the KlaasKids Foundation, live music, bounce houses, face painting and hula dancers.
morgan hill, fremont, sierra lamar, missing person, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts