South Bay News
Events to mark 1 year since Sierra LaMar's disappearance
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- This Saturday will mark one year since Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar went missing.
LaMar was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was walking to a bus stop near her home when she vanished.
Santa Clara County prosecutors have charged Antolin Garcia-Torres with LaMar's kidnapping and murder, but LaMar's body has never been found.
Two events have been organized for this weekend to mark the disappearance. Balloons will be released at the Sierra LaMar Search Center on Tilton Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. Later that day, a fundraiser will be held in Fremont starting at 1 p.m.
Morgan Hill location:
Sierra LaMar Search Center
85 Tilton Road
Morgan Hill, CA
Community awareness and fundraising event
37270 Niles Boulevard
The fundraiser will feature a Print-a-Thon by the KlaasKids Foundation, live music, bounce houses, face painting and hula dancers.
morgan hill, fremont, sierra lamar, missing person, south bay news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping 32 min ago
- 10 people charged after sit-in at AT&T Park 5 min ago
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease 9 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening 4 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday