South Bay News
Events to mark 1 year since Sierra LaMar's disappearance
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- This Saturday will mark one year since Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar went missing.
LaMar was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was walking to a bus stop near her home when she vanished.
Santa Clara County prosecutors have charged Antolin Garcia-Torres with LaMar's kidnapping and murder, but LaMar's body has never been found.
Two events have been organized for this weekend to mark the disappearance. Balloons will be released at the Sierra LaMar Search Center on Tilton Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. Later that day, a fundraiser will be held in Fremont starting at 1 p.m.
Morgan Hill location:
Sierra LaMar Search Center
85 Tilton Road
Morgan Hill, CA
Community awareness and fundraising event
37270 Niles Boulevard
The fundraiser will feature a Print-a-Thon by the KlaasKids Foundation, live music, bounce houses, face painting and hula dancers.
morgan hill, fremont, sierra lamar, missing person, south bay news
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 30 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 4 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter 29 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos