South Bay News
Events to mark 1 year since Sierra LaMar's disappearance
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- This Saturday will mark one year since Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar went missing.
LaMar was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was walking to a bus stop near her home when she vanished.
Santa Clara County prosecutors have charged Antolin Garcia-Torres with LaMar's kidnapping and murder, but LaMar's body has never been found.
Two events have been organized for this weekend to mark the disappearance. Balloons will be released at the Sierra LaMar Search Center on Tilton Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. Later that day, a fundraiser will be held in Fremont starting at 1 p.m.
Morgan Hill location:
Sierra LaMar Search Center
85 Tilton Road
Morgan Hill, CA
Community awareness and fundraising event
37270 Niles Boulevard
The fundraiser will feature a Print-a-Thon by the KlaasKids Foundation, live music, bounce houses, face painting and hula dancers.
morgan hill, fremont, sierra lamar, missing person, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 39 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos