South Bay News
Fire at technology company in Sunnyvale investigated
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a fire that damaged a technology company in the South Bay.
Flames tore through the Kortek Technology Integration building on Sobrante Way and Central Expressway in Sunnyvale.
Firefighters had to cut their way into offices and break down doors to gain entry. It took over an hour to put the fire out.
Several offices were damaged. The thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
"It was a considerable fire," said Battalion Chief Jeffrey Plecque. "One of the things that made this more significant was that the fire did vent through the roof of the building, and that lets the flame and the smoke to exit out the top of the building."
Fire crews say the business was closed at the time and no one was inside.
sunnyvale, fire, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 22 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 48 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 34 min ago