South Bay News
Fire at technology company in Sunnyvale investigated
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a fire that damaged a technology company in the South Bay.
Flames tore through the Kortek Technology Integration building on Sobrante Way and Central Expressway in Sunnyvale.
Firefighters had to cut their way into offices and break down doors to gain entry. It took over an hour to put the fire out.
Several offices were damaged. The thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
"It was a considerable fire," said Battalion Chief Jeffrey Plecque. "One of the things that made this more significant was that the fire did vent through the roof of the building, and that lets the flame and the smoke to exit out the top of the building."
Fire crews say the business was closed at the time and no one was inside.
sunnyvale, fire, south bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 18 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 33 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 20 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 29 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 1 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 35 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 40 min ago