South Bay News
Charges filed in fake rape reported at UCSC
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- The district attorney's office has filed criminal charges against the young woman who lied about being raped on the UC Santa Cruz campus.
The DA says 20-year-old Morgan Triplett, a UC Santa Barbara student has been charged with giving false information to the police. Investigators say Triplett originally told them, a month ago, that she was walking on a campus trail when she was beaten and assaulted.
A campus wide alert was issued and police issued a sketch of the suspect based on her description, which all proved to be false.
santa cruz, sex crimes, crime, uc santa cruz, south bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 8 min ago
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday