South Bay News
Charges filed in fake rape reported at UCSC
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- The district attorney's office has filed criminal charges against the young woman who lied about being raped on the UC Santa Cruz campus.
The DA says 20-year-old Morgan Triplett, a UC Santa Barbara student has been charged with giving false information to the police. Investigators say Triplett originally told them, a month ago, that she was walking on a campus trail when she was beaten and assaulted.
A campus wide alert was issued and police issued a sketch of the suspect based on her description, which all proved to be false.
santa cruz, sex crimes, crime, uc santa cruz, south bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued