South Bay News
Charges filed in fake rape reported at UCSC
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- The district attorney's office has filed criminal charges against the young woman who lied about being raped on the UC Santa Cruz campus.
The DA says 20-year-old Morgan Triplett, a UC Santa Barbara student has been charged with giving false information to the police. Investigators say Triplett originally told them, a month ago, that she was walking on a campus trail when she was beaten and assaulted.
A campus wide alert was issued and police issued a sketch of the suspect based on her description, which all proved to be false.
santa cruz, sex crimes, crime, uc santa cruz, south bay news
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 37 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 44 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos