South Bay News
Charges filed in fake rape reported at UCSC
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- The district attorney's office has filed criminal charges against the young woman who lied about being raped on the UC Santa Cruz campus.
The DA says 20-year-old Morgan Triplett, a UC Santa Barbara student has been charged with giving false information to the police. Investigators say Triplett originally told them, a month ago, that she was walking on a campus trail when she was beaten and assaulted.
A campus wide alert was issued and police issued a sketch of the suspect based on her description, which all proved to be false.
santa cruz, sex crimes, crime, uc santa cruz, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday