South Bay News
Manhunt on for suspect in fatal stabbing in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A statewide manhunt is on for a San Jose resident wanted in the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend.
At about 2:37 p.m. Friday police say they received a report of a person stabbed in the 900 block of North First Street, just east of the County Government Center at 70 W. Hedding St.
Officers found the victim, 29-year-old Sandra Cruzes-Gonsalez, lying in the parking lot of her apartment complex suffering from multiple stab wounds. She was transported to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center via ambulance where she was pronounced dead.
Police are searching for the victim's ex-boyfriend, 25-year-old Juan Ramirez. Police believe he's driving a dark green 1996 Toyota T100 pickup truck.
Investigators believe Ramirez confronted the victim in the parking lot, where the two got into an argument. After that police say Ramirez stabbed the young mother several times.
"It was a very brutal crime, so anything that anybody out in public can do to point us in the right direction, where this person might be, would be greatly appreciated," SJPD Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
Cruzes-Gonsalez already had a restraining order against the suspect, who police say had been stalking her for two years.
After the stabbing, Ramirez ran away. Police searched the area for hours, ordering residents to stay inside their homes while officers conducted yard-to-yard, door-to-door searches.
Despite the lengthy search, the suspect got away. Police believe Ramirez is heading to Mexico.
This was San Jose's 10th homicide of the year.
Anyone with information regarding the homicide is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Ray Avalos or Detective John Barg in the San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit at (408) 277-5283
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
san jose, SJPD, santa clara county, crime, violence, south bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 8 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 47 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday