South Bay News
Manhunt on for suspect in fatal stabbing in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A statewide manhunt is on for a San Jose resident wanted in the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend.
At about 2:37 p.m. Friday police say they received a report of a person stabbed in the 900 block of North First Street, just east of the County Government Center at 70 W. Hedding St.
Officers found the victim, 29-year-old Sandra Cruzes-Gonsalez, lying in the parking lot of her apartment complex suffering from multiple stab wounds. She was transported to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center via ambulance where she was pronounced dead.
Police are searching for the victim's ex-boyfriend, 25-year-old Juan Ramirez. Police believe he's driving a dark green 1996 Toyota T100 pickup truck.
Investigators believe Ramirez confronted the victim in the parking lot, where the two got into an argument. After that police say Ramirez stabbed the young mother several times.
"It was a very brutal crime, so anything that anybody out in public can do to point us in the right direction, where this person might be, would be greatly appreciated," SJPD Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
Cruzes-Gonsalez already had a restraining order against the suspect, who police say had been stalking her for two years.
After the stabbing, Ramirez ran away. Police searched the area for hours, ordering residents to stay inside their homes while officers conducted yard-to-yard, door-to-door searches.
Despite the lengthy search, the suspect got away. Police believe Ramirez is heading to Mexico.
This was San Jose's 10th homicide of the year.
Anyone with information regarding the homicide is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Ray Avalos or Detective John Barg in the San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit at (408) 277-5283
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
san jose, SJPD, santa clara county, crime, violence, south bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 15 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos