South Bay News
Suspect shot by San Jose police remains in hospital
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police say an officer who shot a woman on Almaden Road had no choice to open fire.
The officer shot the driver of a suspected stolen car after the suspected thief drove forward and struck him.
Authorities were at the scene for hours after the shooting which occurred on Wednesday afternoon.
This was the third officer-involved shooting in San Jose this month.
"A certain fear for his safety, discharged his firearm, striking the driver at least once. The passenger did sustain an injury, unknown whether or not that's as a result of the gunfire," said Ofc. Albert Morales of the San Jose Police Department.
The officer who was hit is in good health and on paid administrative leave, while the suspect and her passenger remain in the hospital.
san jose, shooting, SJPD, south bay news, katie marzullo
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF 36 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd 22 min ago
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 52 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos