South Bay News
Report: Woman in UC Santa Cruz rape hoax solicited attack
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a new twist in the story of a young woman who claimed she was raped on the campus of U.C. Santa Cruz.
First Morgan Triplett took back her story, admitting it was a hoax. Now we're learning that the 20-year-old UC Santa Barbara student allegedly hired a man to beat her up.
According to the Santa Cruz Sentinel, prosecutors say she solicited the man on Craigslist. And then, in exchange for sex, asked to be attacked badly enough to generate a police report.
Triplett could get six months in jail if convicted of filing a false police report.
santa cruz, sex crimes, crime, uc santa cruz, craigslist, south bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 7 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos