South Bay News
Report: Woman in UC Santa Cruz rape hoax solicited attack
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a new twist in the story of a young woman who claimed she was raped on the campus of U.C. Santa Cruz.
First Morgan Triplett took back her story, admitting it was a hoax. Now we're learning that the 20-year-old UC Santa Barbara student allegedly hired a man to beat her up.
According to the Santa Cruz Sentinel, prosecutors say she solicited the man on Craigslist. And then, in exchange for sex, asked to be attacked badly enough to generate a police report.
Triplett could get six months in jail if convicted of filing a false police report.
santa cruz, sex crimes, crime, uc santa cruz, craigslist, south bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 42 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad 37 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 58 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
39 min ago