South Bay News
Man injured in morning drive-by shooting in SJ
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A 34-year-old man was injured in a drive-by shooting in San Jose Friday morning, police said.
The shooting was reported at 7:28 a.m. near South White Road and Mount Vista Drive.
The victim was approached by a vehicle when at least one person inside opened fire, striking him twice, police spokesman Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
The victim was able to walk to a nearby residence, where police were called. He was taken to the hospital and an update on his condition was not immediately available this morning, Dwyer said.
The suspect vehicle fled and no arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, according to Dwyer.
san jose, crime, drive by shooting, shooting, south bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos