South Bay News
San Jose police looking for suspect in Wells Fargo Bank robbery
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Officers are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed a bank in South San Jose Friday afternoon, a police spokesman said.
A male suspect entered the Wells Fargo Bank at 191 Branham Lane near Snell Avenue shortly after 1 p.m., threatened a teller and demanded money, police spokesman Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
The suspect then fled the bank with an undisclosed amount of cash, Dwyer said.
San Jose police have sent officers from the department's MERGE, canine and robbery units to the area to search for the suspect, Dwyer said.
san jose, wells fargo, crime, SJPD, south bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5 58 min ago
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 13 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
53 min ago
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos