South Bay News
San Jose police investigate city's 11th homicide of 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Jose are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred early Saturday morning.
San Jose police responded to a report of a male victim lying in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Senter Road, near Kelley Park, at about 2:45 a.m.
Upon arrival, officers located the victim, believed to be an adult male, with at least one gunshot wound.
San Jose Fire Department personnel pronounced the victim deceased at the scene at about 3:05 a.m., marking San Jose's 11th homicide of 2013, according to police.
The preliminary police investigation revealed that a large group of people, possibly a party, occurred near the site of the homicide shortly before police arrived.
Police said it is not known if the party is connected to the homicide or the events that led up to the shooting.
No suspects have been detained and the motive for the shooting remains under investigation, police said.
san jose, crime, shooting, south bay news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 17 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 28 min ago
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 1 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos