South Bay News
San Jose police investigate city's 11th homicide of 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Jose are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred early Saturday morning.
San Jose police responded to a report of a male victim lying in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Senter Road, near Kelley Park, at about 2:45 a.m.
Upon arrival, officers located the victim, believed to be an adult male, with at least one gunshot wound.
San Jose Fire Department personnel pronounced the victim deceased at the scene at about 3:05 a.m., marking San Jose's 11th homicide of 2013, according to police.
The preliminary police investigation revealed that a large group of people, possibly a party, occurred near the site of the homicide shortly before police arrived.
Police said it is not known if the party is connected to the homicide or the events that led up to the shooting.
No suspects have been detained and the motive for the shooting remains under investigation, police said.
san jose, crime, shooting, south bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 54 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 49 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 46 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 32 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 27 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
54 min ago