South Bay News
San Jose police investigate city's 11th homicide of 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Jose are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred early Saturday morning.
San Jose police responded to a report of a male victim lying in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Senter Road, near Kelley Park, at about 2:45 a.m.
Upon arrival, officers located the victim, believed to be an adult male, with at least one gunshot wound.
San Jose Fire Department personnel pronounced the victim deceased at the scene at about 3:05 a.m., marking San Jose's 11th homicide of 2013, according to police.
The preliminary police investigation revealed that a large group of people, possibly a party, occurred near the site of the homicide shortly before police arrived.
Police said it is not known if the party is connected to the homicide or the events that led up to the shooting.
No suspects have been detained and the motive for the shooting remains under investigation, police said.
san jose, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 25 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 9 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday